While the AAMFT website can be accessed on any internet browser, our website is most optimized for Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. We especially recommend using these browsers to renew, transfer or reinstate your membership. Currently, other browsers like Safari or Internet Explorer may not support more advanced features of the website and you may not experience the most optimized version. We are constantly working on improvements to our website and provide smooth and seamless user experience across all browsers.
I am receiving a “Session Timeout” message. What should I do now?
If you receive the following message:
Please click “OK” and you will be able to proceed to the Membership form to complete your renewal, reinstatement or transfer.
If you continue to receive the same message, please ensure that you are using a browser that is fully compatible with the website. Safari, for example, tends to create a message loop. Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox will allow you to move forward to the form easily.
You may also want to clear your cache and cookies to improve the efficiency and functionality of your browser. Click here to watch a video that provides specific instructions as to how to do so.
I am not able to enter my license expiration date. How can I proceed?
For an optimal experience with completing an online membership application, you will need to use a laptop or desktop computer rather than a phone or tablet.
Is there another way that I can submit an application?
You can elect the PDF application for the membership category that applies to your highest level of professional achievement. You can also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and put application request on the subject line or call us at 703-838-9808.
- Clinical Fellow
- Pre-Clinical Fellow
- Allied Mental Health Professional
- Pre-Allied Mental Health Professional
How can I access my login information?
On AAMFT’s website, www.aamft.org, click on Sign In located on the top right corner of the page. This will take you to the Sign In page where you can input your Username and Password.
- If you do not remember your username, click Forgot username and a retrieve username window will appear. Here, you can type your email address related to your AAMFT account and an email will then be sent with your username. It usually takes a few seconds for the email to be received.
- If you do not know your password, click on Forgot password and a forgot my password window will appear. Here, you can enter the username and an email will be sent with a link to where you can create a new password.
- Passwords must be at least 7 characters long and contain at least one uppercase letter and one number.
You can also call, or email Member Services and we can reset your login credentials.
If you have further questions or concerns, the Membership team is more than happy to assist you. Please email email@example.com or call us at 703-838-9808. Our office hours are from 8:30am to 5:00pm, Eastern, Monday-Friday.