AAMFT's Leadership Symposium is an excellent opportunity to meet people who can influence your career and provide connections to propel you towards your next step. The Leadership Symposium is designed to nurture leadership skills and development in marriage and family therapists who are passionate about advancing the profession and their impact on it.
The Symposium is designed specifically for:
- Emerging leaders who want to develop their skills
- Established leaders who may be looking to diversify or expand their careers
- MFTs interested in investing in the profession and the association for the future
This event is uniquely tailored to MFTs and focuses on:
- Profiles of unique career paths and challenges overcome by MFTs
- Career and leadership development skills
- Increasing understanding of association and group governance
- Interactive workshops
- Peer-to-peer networking
The Certificate of Leadership is a unique program that is open to AAMFT members only and has been developed to provide MFTs of all levels with the skills to enable them to help advance both their own careers and our vibrant and expanding profession.
Designed to be completed over approximately 18 months, this program is the first of its kind for MFTs. Built around a unique mix of training, education, mentoring, and self-discovery, it delivers one of the most comprehensive experiences available. The program focuses on key areas of leadership development both in the concept and the practical application of skills. The Certificate of Leadership includes continuing education comprised of sessions during the Leadership Symposium (March 9 - 11, 2023 in New Orleans, LA), on-demand courses, and a virtual Certificate of Leadership Day (November 2, 2023).
This program is ideal for:
- MFTs interested in leadership positions within their place of work, communities, or within AAMFT.
- MFTs interested in key roles in advocacy or policy development.
- Emerging MFTs interested in developing a foundation of leadership skills to guide their careers.
- In-person training at the Leadership Symposium - Training will focus on key areas of leadership development both in concept and the practical application of skills
- Live, virtual training at Certificate of Leadership Day - Training will focus on key areas of leadership development both in concept and the practical application of skills
- Leadership Learning Labs - Interactive discussions with industry leaders and fellow cohorts held virtually
- Online, on-demand training via Teneo - Additional courses to enhance and customize your experience to your needs
- Personalized DiSC inventory - Personalized assessment to determine leadership and communication strengths and areas for improvement
- Mentor pairing - Get connected with a leader in the MFT field for advisement and mentoring
- Leadership portfolio - Development of portfolio to showcase leadership skills and efforts